Jan 29, 2009 8:12am
Re: true or false
Even though the Walt Disney Company now owns TV networks, film companies, record labels, sports franchises, music publishing, theme parks, and two or three of the major planets, it's important to remember-as Walt himself always said-"It all started with a mouse." Following are ten points of Disneyana. True or false:
1. Steamboat Willie was the first Mickey Mouse Cartoon.
2. Mel Blanc-the vocal genius behind Warner Bros.' Bugs Bunny and Daffy Duck-has his voice in Disney's Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs.
3. The animated Fantasia ran into censorship problems over nudity.
4. Walt Disney could never draw Mickey Mouse.
5. Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs literally scared children incontinent when it was released in
6. During World War II, Mickey Mouse starred in an army training film about VD.
7. After Walt died in 1966, they discovered a film he had made in advance. It was designed to be shown to his chief executives in the company screening room after he was gone. The men entered and sat in their assigned seats. Walt then spoke to each of them individually from the screen, staring right at them, and told them how they were to run the company over the next five years.
8. Secret messages are hidden in Disney animated features.
9. Real-life people sometimes make guest appearances in animated features.
10. Walt Disney, who died in 1966, is frozen.